My life has become an endless stream of papers and deadlines and studying. I need to make something delicious. And chocolate.
I’ve been reading a lot about pudding recipes – pudding cookies, pudding cake, pudding brownies. I couldn’t choose between cookies, cake, and brownies so I combined them all. Chocolate Pudding Brownie Cookies.
I really wanted them to be in that perfect tiny cookie shape, so I baked them in muffin pans. Perfect for ice cream sandwiches. =) Which coincidentally is how I had mine.
These would also be perfect with my salted caramel buttercream. Just slather some between two cookies and make yourself a salted caramel brownie cookie sandwich. Wow. That’s a mouthful. But it sounds delicious!
Chocolate Pudding Brownie Cookies (Adapted from JavaCupcake)
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3.4 oz package pudding mix
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder =)
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin pans very well. (Seriously. Grease them until you think they are thoroughly greased. Then do it again.)
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add sugar. Stir until sugar starts to melt slightly.
- Remove from heat. Add brownie mix and cocoa powder. Mix will be very thick.
- Carefully add the eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- Add flour and salt. Whisk until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop brownie mix into the muffin tin.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.